Monday, February 18, 2013

I Love Color- 5 Tips for Spring 2013 Styles

I love color! It is such a fun part of life.  Even with a budget that will not allow big ticket items, the fashion conscious, educated consumer can stay hip and in style.

5 Tips for Spring 2013 Styles


1. Download a guide, but maintain your own style.

If you haven't already downloaded the Pantone Fashion Color Report Spring 2013 (it came out in September) now is really great time.  Spring will officially be here on March 20th and there is nothing happier than a little guidance when shopping on a budget.  Refreshing a wardrobe and a household can be done economically with this guide to filter and hone your shopping skills. I will still be a rebel and have pink accents and additional colors, but this chart definitely gets me thinking.


2. Make small investments in the color categories you love.


One fun item I found this morning online are muslin bags by Inspire Lovely. The nectarine polka dots on the large bag is definitely my favorite.  I love small draw string bags for everyday organization, travel or gifts. 



3.  Collect ideas you love, even if you aren't sure what to immediately do with them.  

I love the Monaco Blue Coral Prints in a room by Greige Interior Design, paired with orange accents brighten this room, so I've pinned it on Pinterest and on Houzz.


4.  Find what you already own that fits with the current fashions. 

Poppy Red is one of the fun colors this season I will want to wear. I will be pulling my red pants out of the closet (Red Tape by Rebecca Daneberg) and pairing them with some fun tops in linen cream and monaco blue.(photo pairing idea from 9to5 blog)


5. Select one project to DIY your way to current hip-ness

Lemon Zest is such a fun cheery color.  One easy project little bit funky  did was paint the handles of wooden kitchen utensils.  What a fun way to brighten everyday.




No comments: